TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this request, Renter agrees to the terms, conditions and rates under this rental agreement.
- Renters. Renters must be at least 21 years of age, and must possess a valid government-issued photo ID. Renter acknowledges that only adults over the age of 21 are permitted to operate the equipment.
- Reservations. A valid credit card is required to secure the reservation, collect the equipment, and to pay for the rental and any costs associated such as damages or losses to the equipment, including theft. The total rental fee will be pre-authorized at the time of booking, and fully charged at the time that Renter collects the equipment. Renter is liable for any fees, taxes, fines and penalties incurred in connection with the rental of equipment or its accessories and for which Platinum Scooters Inc., may be charged. If Renter intents to take the equipment outside the state of Florida, Renter must obtain prior consent from Platinum Scooters Inc. In the course of the booking, Platinum Scooters Inc., collects personal data relevant to the rental. In the absence of such information Platinum Scooters Inc. will not be able to secure the rental.
- Rates. Rates are according to the prices applicable at the time of rental. Charges for damages or losses will be determined according to the fair market value, and will be automatically charged to the credit/debit card on file requiring no additional authorization.
- Inspection of the equipment. For proper inspection of the conditions of the equipment, the Renter is required to be present at the time of release and return. Renter consents to receive instructions on how to operate the equipment, including how to charge the battery if applicable. Care, loading, unloading, and operation of the equipment are all the renter’s responsibility once collected.
- Care of the equipment. Equipment including electric mobility scooters, wheelchairs and accessories may not be disassembled. Renter must take care of the equipment and keep it in good conditions. During the rental period, Renter must act as any careful user would. If leaving the equipment unattended – even for a short period -, Renter must secure it in a safe and proper manner. Renter shall use the equipment in a responsible manner and only for the purposes for intended, including but not limited to carrying one (1) person and not overloading or carrying children. Renter agrees to do not use the equipment: (1) under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other type of narcotic substances; (2) to carry anything which, because of its smell or condition, harms the device or its accessories, causing Platinum Scooters Inc., a loss of use and income before the device can be restored and available for rent again; (3) transporting passengers or pets, (4) re-rent or to use the equipment to push or tow a vehicle, person or another mobility device; (5) travel on a surface that could damage the device wheels, tires or its under body mechanics at risk, (6) intentionally committing any offence nor put anyone at risk or in any way that breaks the highway code or road traffic laws. (7) carry goods or baggage.
- Handling and use of the equipment. Caution is advised when lifting or loading the equipment to include but not restricted to loading in and out of vehicles. This includes items such as batteries and mobility parts which may also be heavy. Anyone attempting to lift any of the equipment should at all times adopt correct lifting practices to prevent injury, loss or damages. Platinum Scooters Inc., is not responsible for injuries, losses or damages caused by misuse, the incorrect lifting or loading of any of our equipment. We advise that at all times, Renter has someone assisting when lifting or loading the units and accessories, and that Renter does not attempt any lifting or loading if unsure is fully able to do so. The Renter shall hold Platinum Scooters Inc., its directors, officers, employees, and agents, harmless in the event of an accident, injuries or damages to the Renter or a third party resulting from the rental under this agreement. Equipment including electric mobility scooters, wheelchairs and accessories may not be disassembled. Electric mobility scooters and wheelchairs are intended to be used only on sidewalks or where use is permitted. Do not use the equipment on highways or roads with heavy traffic of vehicles. Renter is responsible for the proper use of the equipment and the accessories. Renter must drive safely and refrain from using a cellphone while operating the electric mobility scooters.
- Damages to the equipment. Renter will be liable for any damages to the equipment that has been entrusted under this agreement. In the event of damages, the Renter will be liable for any costs associated with the necessary repairs, parts, administrative charges, loss of use or replacement of the equipment in case of total loss. Such costs will be determined by Platinum Scooters Inc., and will be added to the cost of the rental and charged to the credit/debit card on file requiring no additional authorization. In the event of theft, Renter shall fully indemnify Platinum Scooters Inc., for the device rented that have been entrusted under this agreement. “Damage” is any harm to the mobility device or accessories including but not limited to lights, mirrors, frame, batteries, seats, upholstery, signage and any attached accessories. For misplaced and lost key, a fee of $50 will be charged to the credit/debit card on file requiring no additional authorization.
- Breakdown. In the event of breakdown during the length of the rental, Renter shall call Platinum Scooters Inc., immediately after the occurrence of the incident. If Renter fails to contact Platinum Scooters Inc., and instead initiates steps or incurs on any costs without the prior consent, Renter will be unable to claim any reimbursements of the expenditures. Renter agrees to a reasonable waiting period for a technician to attend the breakdown. Requests are on a first call first served basis, subject to prevailing traffic conditions and distances that a technician may need to travel to attend to repair or exchange the device. If Renter refuses this service for any reason, Platinum Scooters Inc., will not be held liable for any losses, or to refund any rental fees.
- End of the rental period. At the end of the rental period, Renter must return the equipment to the same location where the equipment was rented in. If the Renter returns the equipment to any other location other than the agreed, repatriation costs will be charged. This includes abandonment for any reason at any location without authorization from Platinum Scooters Inc. Renter agrees that these costs will be charged to the credit/debit card lodged under this agreement requiring no additional authorization. There is a 30-minutes grace period at the end of the rental before extra charges may apply. If the mobility device is returned without its key, accessories or dirty, the Renter will be charged for the cost of the replacement or a cleaning fee that may range between $50 – $100. Any of these charges will be applied to the credit/debit card lodged with Platinum Scooters Inc., requiring no additional authorization from the Renter. Under no circumstances Platinum Scooters Inc, accepts any liability for articles that may have been left with the equipment at the end of the rental.
- Extension of the rental period. If the Renter wishes to keep the equipment for a period longer than the one originally scheduled under this the rental agreement, Renter must first check on the rental availability by contacting Platinum Scooters Inc., at least 24 hours prior to the end of the rental period. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, once the rental period is passed, Renter remains liable for additional rental on a single day rate until the equipment is returned, and for any costs associated with a repossession if needed. Any of these charges will be applied to the credit/debit card lodged with Platinum Scooters Inc., requiring no additional authorization from the Renter.
- Cancellation. Renter may cancel at no extra charge the booking at any time up to 24 hours before the rental is due to start. Cancellations with less than 24 hours’ notice will receive a refund minus a $25 administration charge to cover expenses incurred. Rentals cancelled after you’re the equipment is delivered or is out for delivery will not be refunded in any part whatsoever. No refunds will be issued for changes on existing rentals once mobility device has been received by the Renter. If the reservation is not cancelled and the customer does not show to collect the equipment on hold, a No- Show penalty fee of one (1) day will be automatically charged to the credit card on file, requiring no additional authorization from the Renter.
- Disputes. This Agreement will be governed by and construed pursuant to the laws of the State of Florida without regard to any conflicts of law provisions. Renter and Platinum Scooters Inc., agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Polk County, Florida for all disputes and issues regarding this Agreement. Renter and Platinum Scooters Inc., hereby waive trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim brought by either of the parties hereto against the other, on or in respect to any matter whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with this agreement.
- Optional damage protection coverage. Optional damage protection coverage is available for an additional fee for the length of the rental under this agreement. This protection will cover any physical accidental damages to the equipment only. No third-party insurance is available, given or implied. If Renter declines this optional coverage at the time of the booking, the equipment will be not be covered, and Renter will be liable for any damages to the equipment including but not limited to broken parts, scratches, lost key, etc. Theft, mechanical damages, total loss, damages to the battery and any damages exceeding the value of $350.00, are not covered, available or implied with the “Optional Damage Protection Coverage”, and Renter will be liable for the replacement of the equipment. Renter agrees that additional costs will be charged to the credit/debit card lodged with Platinum Scooters Inc., requiring no additional authorization. If the payment fails to process with the credit card on file, Renter will be billed for the full amount for immediate payment. Renter is advised that the insurance will be invalidated if Renter fails to take reasonable measures for the safety of the equipment, its parts or accessories, or fail to comply with all restrictions on the use of the equipment or otherwise abuse or misuse it. Renter will not be exempt from liability towards Platinum Scooters Inc., in the event of breach of contract. Therefore, Renter will be responsible for any financial loss Platinum Scooters Inc., suffers as a result of such breach and for any relevant claims made by other people. Therefore, in any case, neither Platinum Scooters Inc, nor its officers, directors, employees will be liable to the contracting party for any amounts not for actions, law suits or claims related to any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive damages (such as loss of business or loss of profit) arising out of or in connection with the rental or the use of any equipment whether the action is based on contract or in tort. Renter will indemnify and hold Platinum Scooters Inc harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses arising out of the rental and/or use of the equipment.